Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ellis Brothers Pecans, Vienna, Georgia, Grown

Recently, I ate my way through the Ellis Brothers Pecans store in Vienna, Georgia. I've never seen so many uses for Georgia grown pecans. There were candies, preserves, pies and ice cream. I especially liked the candy coated types.
Ellis Bros. Pecans's store just off Hwy I-75,
Vienna, GA
My favorite candy coated pecans were the Honey Crunch (with a delicate honey flavor), Sweet Heat (Asian spices), and Praline Crunch (with butter, corn syrup and sugar). Each style had a sampling jar in front so you could try it before you bought it. Of course this made it harder to choose and harder to leave the store.

There was also everything else you'd expect from a country store like fruit preserves, honey, T-shirts, jewelry, chocolates, and boiled peanuts. But there was also a selection of seasonal fruit and vegetables like peaches and black eyed peas.

Pecan trees surrounding Ellis Bros. Pecan store,
Vienna, GA
I was particularly impressed that all the pecans being sold were from the trees surrounding the store.

They are located approx one-mile East of Interstate-75 (exit 109) at 1315 Tippettville Road, Vienna, GA   31092
Phone (800)635-0616 or (229) 268-9041

They also sell pecans online http://werenuts.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment