Monday, April 1, 2013

2013 Easter Supper, Florida Sourced, 100 Percent

It's always great to have lamb for Easter supper. It is even better when it has a low carbon footprint like my Florida sourced grass-fed meat from R & R Katahdin Ranch in Defuniak Springs, Fla. I bought a boneless lamb shank from Farriss Farm (Palm Beach Gardens) at the West Palm Beach Green Market.

My 100 percent Florida sourced Easter supper
My family barbecued the lamb with Belle Glade grown creamer potatoes, and sweet corn. I grilled some QV Farms grown (Loxahatchee) sweet peppers until their skins blistered.

Our rich meal was balanced out with some crisp, spicy salad greens and plump cherry tomatoes, grown on Kai Kai Farm (Indiantown).

And it was all washed down with a frothy glass of Monk In The Trunk Organic Amber Ale (by Inlet Brewing Co, Jupiter).

No comments:

Post a Comment