Sunday, December 6, 2015

Spent Mash Cookies, Brew Five Points, Jacksonville, Fla.

Jacksonville, Fla.--Intuition Ale Works gives their spent mash to a coffee house instead of a farm. The coffee house in question is known as Brew Five Point. Owned by Jack Twachtman and Jason Fisher this fusion spot which is both a craft beer and coffee bar is located in trendy, Historic Five Points community of Jacksonville.

Brew Five Points' Oatmeal cookie made with Intuition Ale Works spent
mash, Brew Five Points, Jacksonville, Fla.
Copyright 2015 by Helen A Lockey

I went in for a glass of brew and ordered a porter. Then I realized after two sips this beast of deliciousness was going to knock me over if I didn't have something to eat. I asked the barkeep what they had for sale and he directed me to the cookie made with Intuition Ale Works spent mash for $2.25.

It was delicious and went very well with my beer.

If you want to try one of these cookies you can find them at 1024 Park Street, Jacksonville, 32204 Phone: (904)374-5789

Brew Five Points is open most days at 7:30 a.m. except on Sat and Sun when they open the doors at 9 a.m. Closing times vary depending on the day so check with them about their hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment