Monday, December 6, 2010

Brownies the Vegan Vegetarian Way at 4th Generation Organic Market, Boca Raton, Florida

My Holy Grail dessert is the humble chocolate brownie...humbly containing heart stopping levels of butter, eggs and milk. Its rich, creamy chocolateness calls to me at every holiday party. I resist because I am lactose intolerant and the after effects can be gut wrenching...literally. But eventually I give in, starting with a lick, then a bite, then a slice large enough to wear as a shoe. I pay the price but I pay it willingly because who can beat the flavor of a brownie.

But this year I have found a bakery/deli/grocery store that makes vegan vegetarian brownies meaning there is no milk in them. There are also no eggs, butter, or gluten flours in them. The place is 4th Generation Organic Market in Boca Raton, Florida.

With their slightly cracked tops, moist interior and melt in the mouth flavors, I could quickly drop into a chocolate coma and not care if I left the store one dress size larger.

Oh, they do have other desserts there like organic coconut cake which is equally delicious in its own category. But when life gets me down I turn to anything chocolate and now I have a delicious source of dairy-free brownies! Thank-you 4th Generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment