Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Daily Special Truck, Key West Style Street Eats, WPB, Fla: Updated

The Daily Special Truck cooks yummy Key West style street food. Owner/Chef Rebecca White is passionate about sourcing local Florida ingredients. She even grows some of it herself like basil and tomatoes.

The Daily Special Truck at Wellington Food Truck
 Invasion, Fla.
"I grew up with fresh ingredients. That's how I learned to cook," White said, adding that she was from an Italian family. I met White at a recent Food Truck Invasion night in Palm Beach County.
Fish Po-Boy from The Daily Special Truck, Wellington
Food Truck Invasion night, Fla.
White worked as a server in Key West before becoming a Mainlander in January 2013 when she opened her food truck. I asked her why she changed her career to cooking. "It's my passion. I've been doing it since I was a little kid," White said. All the recipes are family recipes.

"I cook with fresh, local ingredients. I don't have to complicate anything," White added.

I bought the Fish Po-boy ($12) made with tempura fried Florida Gulf waters caught Black Grouper. The moist fish was served on a toasted bun topped with sweet mango salsa, crunchy, tangy, purple sauerkraut, and a creamy Key Lime aioli sauce. The po-boy came with a side of house-made fried corn chips.

If you want to find out where The Daily Special Truck will be next you can go to https://www.facebook.com/thedailyspecialtruckWPB?group_%E2%80%8Bid=0

or follow them on Twitter @special_daily
 

No comments:

Post a Comment