Friday, May 31, 2013

Island Grove Wine Company, Blueberry Wine & More, Hawthorne, Fla.

It's hard to find dry blueberry wine in Florida. But that's not the case if you drink Kinda Dry Blueberry wine from Island Grove Wine Company, Hawthorne, Florida.

Marilynn Pinner pouring Backporch Peach wine, Island Grove
Wine Company, at Florida Blueberry Festival Brooksville, Fla.
I took a $4 wine tasting tour at the Island Grove Wine Company booth in the Florida Blueberry Festival of Brooksville. I tried eight wines on my tour. Two were dry and six were sweet. All of the sweet styles were blends of different fruits with California grape wine bases.

According to my pourer Marilynn Pinner, the sweeter styles were very popular with Festival wine drinkers especially the Backporch Peach and Blueberry Moscato.

But my favorites were the Sorta Dry and Kinda Sweet labels made out of Florida grown blueberries. Both were red wine styles and both were surprisingly complex.

Fortunately, you do not need to go to Hawthorne, Florida, to buy these wines because they are sold at many retail stores in Florida. Just go to their site to find out more details http://www.islandgrovewinecompany.com/scripts/supplier2.cfm?type=

You can also call them at (352) 481-9463, Mon-Fri 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alvin,
    I don't have an answer right now about the RSS feed challenge. I have been having some problems with my google apps. I'll look into it and let you know in another comment.

    ReplyDelete