Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Skyebird Juice Bar & Experimental Kitchen, Orlando, Fla.

Orlando, Fla.—Skyebird, located in the East End Market uses seasonal ingredients. It serves vegetarian and raw vegan, juices, smoothies and food. “If it’s not in season then we don’t have it on the menu,” my counter girl told me as I ordered a raw-vegan vegetarian Falafel salad ($10) to go.

Raw-vegan vegetarian falafel salad from Skyebird Juice Bar & Experimental
Kitchen, East End Market, Orlando, Fla
Copyright 2014 by Helen A Lockey
As I waited, I was able to watch the chef, at the back of the restaurant, prepare my meal. She poured a creamy layer of slightly green dressing into a tall, glass, mason jar. Then she layered fresh lettuce, tomato, parsley, cucumber, sesame seeds and falafel on top of it.

I thought she was going to toss the salad in the jar but instead she gave it to my server who brought it to the front of the restaurant and offered it to me.

I took it and asked, “What do I do with this?”

“You take it home and when you are finished you bring it back for a 50-cent refund that can go toward your next meal,” she said with a smile.

As I handed her ten dollars, she added, “Many people like to shake the jar to toss it.”

When I ate the salad I found it so flavorful that it almost didn’t need dressing. And the falafel balls were so tasty it was hard to believe that they were not cooked.

I kept the jar. The next time I am in Orlando I will go back to get another yummy salad from Skyebird Juice Bar & Experimental Kitchen.

Chalkboard of Skyebird Juice Bar & Experimental Kitchen,
East End Market, Orlando, Fla.
Copyright 2014 by Helen A Lockey
According to their chalkboard, all their menu items are made with organic, non-GMO produce. Everything is made in small batches and menu items change daily. Oh and they serve breakfast.

You can find out more by either going in person to try their tasty food or by going to their webpage.

Hours: Tues to Sat 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sun 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Address: East End Market, 3201 Corinne Drive, Orlando, FL 32803
Phone: (407) 758-9311

No comments:

Post a Comment