Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Baobab Comfort Food, Florida

Comfort food comes in all shapes and sizes. For me it’s usually salads with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh apples slices. But recently my comfort food choices have expanded to include fruit juice gummies. And my new favorite brand is by CVS’s Gold Emblem Abound, called Superfruit Baobab Bites.

Gold Emblem Abound brand at BlogHer Food 2014, Miami, Fla.
Copyright 2014 by Helen A Lockey
I got introduced to this new comfort food at the 2014 BlogHer Food Conference in Miami, Fla.  The low sodium amount and lack of high fructose corn syrup were the first things to attract me to this treat.

At first bite, I was hooked by the soft texture and delicious flavor. My mouth exploded with a symphony of floral flavors followed by a tart baobab fruit bite.

The flavors remind me a lot of those found in Southeast Asian desserts like jasmine water, lychee and jackfruit.

The only down side of these gummies is that once I start eating them it is very hard to stop.

To find out more about Florida grown baobab you can go to my July 4th blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment