Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Locally Sourced Dish: Florida Style

I don't just write about sourcing locally for meals, I eat that way too. Here is the first of many locally sourced meal examples I plan to include in my blog.

Florida sourced chicken dish, Copyright 2011 by Helen A Lockey

Includes:
Slow-cooked, free-range, pastured-raised chicken from Cowart Ranch, Sumterville, purchased from Florida Fresh Meat Company at Tequesta Green Market.

Steamed swiss chard from Terra Verde Farms (certified organic), Ft. Pierce, purchased at Tequesta Green Market.

Steamed mustard greens from Seed To Bloom LLC, West Palm Beach, purchased at Wellington Green Market.

Boiled Jackfruit seeds extracted from a jackfruit I bought back in October from Seasons Farm Fresh, Homestead, purchased at South Miami Farmers Market.

I washed it all down with a glass of avocado wine (made with Homestead avocados) purchased from Schnebly Redland's Winery and Brewery in Homestead, Florida.


Updated April 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment