Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Tropical Fruit Rum Parfait: Florida Style

Summertime is tropical fruit season in Florida. It is also rum season. So to honor both, I created a tropical fruit rum parfait using locally sourced Florida fruit and Florida silver rum.

Florida sourced tropical fruit rum parfait with Copper Bottom Silver Rum,
Copyright 2019 by Helen A Lockey

My usual rum of choice is aged but recently I got to try Copper Bottom Craft Distillery's Silver Rum, and loved it. I used this in my parfait because it had a lovely smooth taste that was not too sugary.

Copper Bottom Craft Distillery is located in Holly Hill (near Daytona Beach,) Florida.

I bought Florida grown ripe jackfruit (golden color) and yellow pineapple from Caribbean Plants And Produce fruit stand on western Okeechobee Boulevard. They sell fruit and produce from a lot of local growers in Loxahatchee, Florida.

I picked the green stevia leaves from my garden.

The ice cream was a frozen confection made out of almond milk, and was store bought.


PARFAIT MAKING:

Put two scoops of ice cream in a wide lipped parfait glass or old fashioned champagne glass

Then put a handful (about 1/2 cup) of chopped pineapple on top of the ice cream

Then place a handful (about 1/2 cup) of shredded, ripe, jackfruit on top of the pineapple pieces

Garnish with three stevia or mint leaves

Then drizzle about 1-ounce (or to taste) silver rum over everything.


ENJOY.


No comments:

Post a Comment