Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bee Unique, Raw Honey, West Palm Beach, Fla.

West Palm Beach, Fla.--Bee Unique sells raw honey from Florida based hives. But they also sell a whole line of skin products made with their honey.
Richard Spinale, co-owner of Bee Unique, West Palm Beach, Fla.
I met co-owner Richard Spinale at this year's Localecopia's Meet & Greet in The Breakers Palm Beach Resort, Palm Beach, Florida.

All the honey comes from bees that source nectar from only Florida sources. Some of the honey like the raw Tupelo comes from the Apalachicola River Basin in the Panhandle area of Florida. And some like the Orange Blossom comes from citrus groves in Vero Beach, Indian River and Central Florida.

"All I've ever sold is my own honey," said Spinale as he handed out bottles of honey to Meet & Greet participants. "Here try this," he said handing me a bottle of Cinnamon honey (sells for $18/lb), "It has cinnamon, bee pollen, royal jelly and propolis in it."

I am not fond of spiced honey and so I exchanged it for a bottle of wildflower honey (sells for $9/lb). It tasted like wildflowers smell but it had an unexpected aftertaste of wax.

He also handed me a bottle of pomegranate scented Revitalizing Lotion (sells for $14) made with added bee pollen, propolis, and royal jelly.

Spinale said they add these ingredients to all their skin care products because they believe it increases the health benefits of the products.

As I am not fond of perfumes in my skin care products, I found the scent of the Revitalizing lotion overpowering. But for people who like perfumes I'm sure this would be a wonderful luxury.

To buy Bee Unique products you can go to their store at 3311 S. Dixie Hwy, West Palm Beach, FL 33405

You can also find them at the Saturday morning West Palm Beach Green Market
Or go to their website www.worldsfinestrawhoney.com


No comments:

Post a Comment